Saturday, October 10, 2009

La Tinta

"Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past."
~Jack London

I know these days this saying isn't always true.. A lot of people get tattoos for the sake of getting tattoos... Coming from a very anti-tattoo household I knew if I ever got inked it would have to be some meaningful stuff that I would appreciate for the rest of my life.

I think that's why I waited until I was 24 to get my first tattoo...


I got my first tattoo to honor my dad... I never planned on getting praying hands (a little cliche) but after my mom said that she thought the praying hands were one of the only tattoos she's ever liked I knew I had to get em... Everything in that tattoo has a meaning... I got it in done with no shading because I like the "illustrated" look, I got 24 rays for my birthday (the day I got it), The praying hands for my mom and My dad's nickname... "El Bonito"

For my second tattoo, I waited almost 2 years. I knew I wanted this tattoo a long time ago, I just didn't know where to get it on my body. First thought was bicep... then back, then chest.. and finally last minute I chose the forearm.

I didn't ever really plan on getting a tattoo on my forearm... but I am very proud of Deadend.


Mr. Joe tattooing me.


Brothers Espinoza!

I think I'm only getting 2 more tattoos... well maybe 3... or 10...

peace.
-Juan

No comments: